Friday 6 February 2015

The Art Of Peer Pressure - Photo Shoot

For the song 'The Art Of Peer Pressure' I was planning to take pictures to go with the quotes...
'Hot-boxing like George Foreman grilling the masses of the working world'
and 'I got the blunt in my mouth, usually I'm drug-free
But shit I'm with the homies'

This ended up changing sightly as instead of using the quote..
'Hot-boxing like George Foreman grilling the masses of the working world'
I ended up using the quote.. 
'Me and the homies (just riding)' 

This plan ended up changing as I was unable to follow trough with my plans. My original plan was to take some pictures for the 'Hot-boxing' quote on location. (My friends shed in their back garden). I was also going to ask a few more people to come round to get numbers up, so it appeared that there was a group of friends hanging around together. Each of these would then be smoking a cigaret rolled to look like a 'joint'. I was then going to ask each of them to take in a large drag and then all blow out at the same time to create the illusion of a smokey hotbox. 
This ended up changing, as I was unable to use the location as planned due to my friends circumstances. This was an unfortunate event for me as this is something I wouldn't be able to do out side, this is something I could only do inside. 
Because of this I decided to change my plan and instead of using this quote I changed it to the quote 
'Me and the homies (just riding)' instead. 

I had decided that although I couldn't create my hot-box images I still wanted these pictures to be related to smoking. So my second idea was to create light drawings with the cigaret's rolled to look like 'joint's'. 

I ended up taking these pictures over the park, as this is a place where teenagers are associated with hanging around at night to drink and take drugs ect.. 
For these pictures I only used my camera. I did this because it was freeing and I wanted to get these pictures taken as soon as possible. 
Here's my contact sheet with all the images I took... 





Out of all the pictures I took these ones are my favourite.. 

I really like this picture for the quote..
'I got the blunt in my mouth, usually I'm drug-free'
Although this is rolled with normal papers and not a blunt wrap I think that this is a good image for the quote as you can clearly see the 'joint' being held in their hand. I also like how the smoke coming off the cigaret is really visible. This then shows that it's burning/ being smoked.

I love how the light drawing in this picture has created an almost perfect love-heart. Although the heart isn't really relevant to my work we where just experimenting trying to create different shapes and I'm really pleased with the way that this one has come out. Although I think it't funny how you can see my dogs face on the right hand side. 

I also really like the way the light drawing has turned out in this image, I like the spiral effect that had been created. I think that this image will work well for the quote..
'Me and the homies (just riding)' 
I think that this will work better for this quote as they are not holding the 'joint' so the quote..
'I got the blunt in my mouth, usually I'm drug-free'wouldn't really work well.

I also really like this picture for the quote..
'I got the blunt in my mouth, usually I'm drug-free'
although this is at the end of the smoke I really like this picture and the way you can see the smoke coming off the end of her nails and how you can see light movement throughout the picture.I also like how it is close up so you can see more detail in the picture. 
This picture is not one that I had taken for this assignment, it was just in my folder from some previous work that I had done. Although it wasn't initially taken for this assignment I am thinking about using it as this work is similar to the other pictures I have taken for this. I think that this picture would work well for the quote..
'Me and the homies (just riding)' 



I have realised that I have two similar pictures, that I would like to use for the same quote. I like both of these pictures but can only use one for the quote 'Me and the homies (just riding)', because of this I've decided to add another quote thats similar meaning that I will be able to use both of them. 
The other quote that I have decided to add is.. 
'But shit, I'm with the homies'
This means that I will now be able to use both pictures instead of having to choose between them, and also that I will have an extra image to go towards my final 35. 



No comments:

Post a Comment