Thursday 5 February 2015

Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe - Photo Shoot

For the song 'Bitch don't kill my vibe' I was planning to take pictures to go with the quote  
                                                                                'I am a sinner who's probably going to sin again, 
Lord forgive me, Lord forgive me for the things I don't understand 
sometimes I need to be alone
Bitch don't kill my vibe bitch don't kill my vibe' 

I did decide to take out the 'Bitch don't kill my vibe bitch don't kill my vibe' and replace it with a different quote from the song. The quote I chose to replace this with was 
'Hide your feelings, hide your feelings now what you better do'
I decided to this to as this quote seemed more relaxed and clam that would merge better with the images I was planning to take for the 'lord forgive me quote'.

Although I was planning to use three different types of camera for each photoshoot, I only used my digital camera for this one. This is because this was one of the last photoshoots that I did for this assignment, meaning that my disposable camera has already been sent off to get developed and when in the studio I forgot to take pictures on my phone. 

Props that I used for these pictures where a set of rosary beads.
Here is the contact sheet of all the pictures I took in the studio...
Contact Sheet - Camera
These pictures where taken to go with the lyrics
'Lord forgive me, Lord forgive me for the things I don't understand '
and also 

'Hide your feelings, hide your feelings now what you better do'
Out of the pictures that I took in the studio these are my favourite..

I really like this photo and the lighting on it, and how the flash off the lights has made the jewels in the rosary beads twinkle, and also how the focus is on the main section of the rosary beads.
I also like how my models top appears to look like a black backdrop, meaning that there are no distractions in the background.
I think that this picture will work well for the quote..
'Lord forgive me, Lord forgive me for the things I don't understand' as there are rosary beads wrapped around her hands and you can see that they are held as if she where praying. 

 

I also liked this photo for the quote..
'Lord forgive me, Lord forgive me for the things I don't understand' 
but I didn't feel it was as strong as the previous image. There is less detail on the rosary beads in this image and also I find that with the rosary beads being silver on a white background that it's hard to see them, maybe slightly exposed. Also the cross is facing the wring way. 


I also like this photo for the quote..
'Hide your feelings, hide your feelings now what you better do'I think that this picture will work well with this quote as it looks like she is trying to hide her rosary beads and the fact that she had been looking to God for comfort.
I like how the beads stand out really strong agains the black jumper.
Although I don't like the white background on each of the sides. If I'm going to use this image I will have to crop the edges out. 

Although I was planning to use three different types of camera for each photoshoot, I only used my digital camera and iPhone for this shoot. This is because this was one of the last photoshoots that I did for this assignment. I took these pictures in the studio on the same day that I did the previous pictures. Meaning that my disposable camera has already been sent off to get developed from previous pictures that I had took.

Props that I had to use for these pictures where a fake gun.
Here is the contact sheet of pictures that I took in the studio...


Contact Sheet - Camera
These pictures where taken to go with the quote..
    'I am a sinner who's probably going to sin again'

I really like this image and the colours in it. For this picture I used a grey backdrop to make the image darker.
This picture will work really well with the quote
    'I am a sinner who's probably going to sin again'
I like the way my model is making eye contact with the camera, and also how the end of the camera is pointed directly down the lens. 

I also really like this image to go with the quote
    'I am a sinner who's probably going to sin again'
I like the way you can see the gun being prepared to use, and how you can see my model is in trackies, as this is more gangster clothing. I wish that the background had been darker in this image like in the previous image, but this is something I can try and edit. 

I like this picture, but I don't think it's as good as the previous image witch is very similar. I think that the other image is better as it zoomed in more meaning that you couldn't see the bottom of my models chin ad hair in the top of the picture. 





I also like this picture for the quote
    'I am a sinner who's probably going to sin again'
but I feel that this image is too dark, and I think it's hard to see where the t-shirt stops and the gun starts as they just blend into each other. 

Contact Sheet - iPhone
These pictures where taken to go with the quote..
    'I am a sinner who's probably going to sin again'



No comments:

Post a Comment