Tuesday 10 February 2015

Compton - PhotoShoot

For the song Compton I wasn't planning to take any pictures. I changed my mind as I needed to get my number of pictures up to be able to fill my book.
From this song I have took the quotes... 

'Compton, Compton, ain't no city quite like mine' 
and also.. 
'I pass the blunt then pass the torch of corse thats my decision'

For these pictures I had different thoughts. My initial idea for the quote 'Compton, Compton, ain't no city quite like mine' was to have my model Holly in the studio posing like the statue in Rio. I was then going to hand manipulate this picture and draw a city sky line into the background. Although I thought this was a good idea, I knew that this would be very time consuming and that for this assignment our final images needed to be in sooner than they normally do and so this idea went out the window. I decided to still do something similar, but slightly more simple. 
I decided to take pictures of my models fists in the studio and that later on photoshop I would edit the word Compton across her knuckles to look like a tattoo. 

I took these photos in the studio only using my digital camera. 
Here is the contact sheet of the few images that I took for this.  


I didn't take many pictures on this shoot as I didn't feel the need to. The pictures that I was taking where not difficult shots, so I didn't need to take as many pictures to get that one perfect shot. I like these images I think that they will work well with the idea that I have for them. I prefer the landscape images to the portrait one as there is less t-shirt in the picture. My favourite out of all the images is the _MG_4197.JPG, this is because you can't see my models chin in the picture. I also like the contrast of the black top with the white background. 

For the quote 'I pass the blunt then pass the torch of corse thats my decision' I decided to do something also quote simple and self explanatory from the quote. This would be a picture of someone passing a blunt and a torch (lighter) to go with it. 

For these pictures I had to use props. I had to use;
-A lighter 
-And a cigarette rolled to look like a joint.

To take these pictures I used my iPhone camera.
Here is the contact sheet of the pictures I took..


I'm pleased with the way these images have turned out, I like the dark background against the contrast of flash on my models skin. I wanted to try and get the flame in this picture, so that it looked like it was just about to be sparked. 
-

No comments:

Post a Comment