Thursday 5 February 2015

Development

I soon realised that I had misunderstood my teacher at college and that we didn't have to create 100 images for our book and that was just an example one that they had shown us. We instead have to create a published book on whatever subject we want using multiple cameras and that we had to produce at least 35 images.
I also realised that poetry is a really personal subject, and I was finding it hard to connect with any poems that I had been researching. I knew that if I wanted to continue with my idea I would probably have to write a poem my self. This wasn't something I was really keen on doing, as it was just a idea to create pictures to go with someone else's writing and putting my twist of what they are saying alongside with photographs, not to be writing a poem my self. Instead I started thinking of other ideas I could use for this assignment. 

Then I had my next idea, I decided that instead of creating pictures to go alongside a poem, I could create pictures to go along side lyrics from a song. This is then something that people can relate to more as people are more likely to recognise a song than a poem. But the challenge was choosing a song... 
I thought about various different songs and artists, trying to select an individual song to base my pictures on. The music industry is so wide though that there is too much range to choose from, so to make like easy for my self I decided to choose a song off my phone; I did this as all the songs that are on my phone are songs that I like and know well so I would have no problems with creating images to go with them. 
I decided that I would pick a song from Kendrick Lamar's album 'good kid, m.A.A.d city' as this is my favourite album on my phone. Choosing one individual song turned out to be quite difficult though as I like all of them the same. So I came to the compromise that instead of choosing one song to take pictures for, I would take small quotes from various songs. I next just had to decide what quotes I was going to choose and what pictures I was going to take to go with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment